We believe Jesus calls us to take the Good News into our neighborhoods, and to the world. Here are some of the organizations we partner with to bring the hope of Jesus to the world.
- Hand2Hand: Hand2Hand is a confidential food assistance program for our local schools, providing children with meals over the weekend. Jamestown Harbor helps feed kids at Riley Street Middle School and South Elementary School during the school year, October through May. You can become part of this ministry by joining the Hand2Hand packing team, by donating food and by praying for the students. For more information, click here. Packing for Riley Middle and South Elementary are held at Fair Haven Church in room 209A. Enter the building through door E. No need to sign up; just join us when it works for you. Children are always welcome to help pack. The packing dates are as follows:
• Riley Middle | Every Monday night at 6:30pm
• South Elementary | 1st and 3rd (and 5th when needed) Thursdays at 10:30am
- Young Life: Jamestown Harbor Church and Eastern Ottawa Young Life are partnering together to reach middle school students right here in our own community. We support Mackenzie Frederick as our local missionary to the “foreign culture” of middle school students at Riley Street Middle School. This partnership helps us do more than just create an impact on students at our own church, but also helps us reach local students who might never set foot in a church.
- Compassion International: Jamestown Harbor Church partnered with Compassion International to build a church in the village of Los Pocitos located in Leon, Nicaragua. Through our partnership, we have already begun to see God’s impact as over 60 children have been sponsored, jobs have been created through the construction of the church and hope is being experienced. In August 2018, a team will go to Los Pocitos to build relationships, have a chance to meet their sponsored children, and serve the community. If you are interested in learning more about our partnership in Nicaragua, sponsoring a child or joining the mission trip, click here.
- Spark: Spark is an after-school program that is intended to support students in grades 3 through 5 at Jamestown Upper Elementary. We are partnering with Rise Community Center to gather volunteers who will mentor students through character-focused lessons, nurturing positive peer and adult relationships, and assisting students with reading. Click here for more info.
- Mission Trips: For information on Harbor Churches Global Mission Trips, click here.